Friday 18 July 2014

Turmeric face mask

Hands down this is the best face mask I have ever used. I am currently writing this up whilst doing the mask and it is fair to say i look crazy. I have acne prone skin and mainly suffer from bad acne scarring. This mask will help brighten your complexion but also help heal acne and fade acne scars. Personally I can see a difference once I wash the mask off. However with it helping to reduce my acne and scarring you do need to use it continuously. I try to do this mask 2-3 times a week after I shower so my pores have time to open up (I'm too lazy to steam my face every time) I was skeptical to try this at first due to it being bright orange/yellow and it staining my skin but it didn't thank god!
However, if the mask does leave a yellowish tint to your skin, you can use your normal face wash to get rid of the residue or even a facial toner. Turmeric will not stain your skin and you will definitely not end up with a bright yellow/orange face. I can guarantee that! However, if you are still unsure i recommend using half a teaspoon of turmeric powder to begin with then work your way up with the amount.
You don't have to have blemished skin to use this mask, if your skin needs a little pick me up this is a perfect inexpensive mask!


So for this mask I use:
- 1 heaped tablespoon of gram flour 
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder 
- 2-3 teaspoons of milk 
- 1 teaspoon of honey

I used to use my fingers to apply this mask which was a bad idea for my nails as they would stay yellow. I would recommend using the back of a spoon or an old/cheap foundation brush to spread it evenly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment